The IKEA Share Space is made by everyday people. You don't have to be an interior designer, just a lover of design.
It's a place where you can admire rooms you like and save them. You can even select IKEA products to save to your
wishlist. Get started by adding your own home, or just take a look through others. So come back as often as you'd
like to inspire and be inspired!
- How do I upload a photo?
- How do I find my photos?
- How can I buy an IKEA product that I see in the IKEA Share Space?
- What if I can't find a tag for a product in my room?
- Can I tag products that are not IKEA?
- What are Kudos and how can I earn them?
- Can everyone see pictures of my home or just members of the community?
- Can I control who views my home?
- Can I share my home with friends outside of the IKEA Share Space?
- How do I send a message to another user?
- How do I change my member information?
- How do I delete my room?
- How do I delete my account?
- How do I delete a comment I posted?
- How do I contact IKEA?
- How can I get more help on the IKEA Share Space?
- Q: How do I upload a photo?
- A: Once you are logged into the IKEA Share Space, click on the "Add Your Space" tab in the header navigation.
Once you see the "Add Your Room" upload screen, select "Upload Photo".
- Q: How do I find my photos?
- A: If you have already uploaded photos and completed a room, you can find your photos under the “My Home” tab
when logged in. If you don’t have any photos on your user homepage, upload some!
- Q: How can I buy an IKEA product that I see in the IKEA Share Space?
- A: So you found something you like! When you look at the product in a room or in your wishlist, click on the
link "See it on IKEA-USA.com" to see the product information and availability at IKEA-USA.com
- Q: What if I can't find a tag for a product in my room?
- A: If you can't find your product, and you know it's an IKEA product, then tag it with the general "IKEA" tag in
the product search.
- Q: Can I tag products that are not IKEA?
- A: No. You can only tag IKEA products.
- Q: What are Kudos and how can I earn them?
- A: Kudos are our way of thanking you for contributing to IKEA Share Space and also letting you know that you’ve got style!
- Upload 3 or more rooms to unlock the Space Sharer Kudo.
- Tag 5 IKEA products in your rooms to unlock the IKEA Fan Kudo.
- Tag 25 IKEA products in your rooms to unlock the IKEA Super Fan Kudo.
- When 5 people save your room, you will unlock the Admired Space Kudo.
- When 25 people save your room, you will unlock the Exceptional Space Kudo.
- If IKEA picks your room, you will unlock the IKEA Pick Kudo and your room will be featured as “Pick of the Week”.
- Q: Can everyone see pictures of my home or just members of the community?
- A: All of the pictures you upload to the IKEA Share Space are visible to the public. For more information on this and your privacy, please see our privacy
- Q: Can I control who views my home?
- A: No. When you upload rooms to your home on the IKEA Share Space they will be available for all visitors to the site to see. For more information on this and your privacy, please see our privacy
- Q: Can I share my home with friends outside of the IKEA Share Space?
- A: Of course! You don’t need to be registered to browse the catalog, but to upload your own content and share or
comment on the content of others, you will need to register.
- Q: How do I send a message to another user?
- A: Just go to the user's Spaces, and click on 'Message' under their profile photo. If they've already sent you a message, you can respond to it from your Inbox (located in My Spaces).
- Q: How do I change my member information?
- A: To change information on your user profile, click on the “My Home” tab, and underneath your user photo, click
- Q: How do I delete my room?
- A: To delete your room go to My Spaces and select ‘Edit’. Edit will appear when you mouse over the thumbnail of your room. Then just click on ‘Delete Room’, under the photo.
- Q: How do I delete my account?
- A: Go to My Spaces and click on ‘Edit’ under your profile photo.
Then click on ‘Delete My Account’ to end your account on IKEA Share Space.
- Q: How do I delete a comment I posted?
- A: Go to the comment you’d like to remove and click ‘delete.’
- Q: How do I contact IKEA?
- A: Please follow this link to contact us at IKEA USA.
- Q: How can I get more help on the IKEA Share Space?
- A: Please contact us at
your privacy. The following discloses our practices regarding information collection and use solely for the web site
located at Share Space (the "Service"). By using or accessing or using the Service, you signify your agreement to
Personal Information and Aggregate Information:
Company may collect certain type of information associated with your account, including your name, email address, and
other similar types of information. ("Personal Information"). We may also have access to certain Personal
Information by our use of third-party sites such as when you use the Facebook login feature.
In addition, we may also collect non-personally identifiable information, such as IP host address, web pages viewed,
browser type and other data, and may aggregate any information collected in a manner which does not identify any
individual ("Aggregate Information").
In accordance with this policy, we will only use your Personal Information for purposes set out here, including what
you give us permission for (such as registering for an account and sending you email updates or completing a
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party not affiliated with Company without your consent
except in connection with the sale or merger of Company or the division responsible for such services.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and/or disclose Personal Information and non-personal information we
gather as required by law or to the extent necessary for us to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other
violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the Service rules or policies.
Aggregate Information may be shared with any number of parties, provided that such information shall not specifically
identify any individuals.
"Cookies" are pieces of information that may be placed on your computer by a web site for the purpose of facilitating
or to enable us to enhance our service. You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or flush
them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences, in which case you may still use our Service, but
information from your computer without your knowledge.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We attempt to provide for the secure transmission
of your information from your computer to our servers by utilizing encryption software. However, due to the inherent
open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Company or information stored
on the Service or our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use
of the Service demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and
managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your
information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your Personal Information.
Protection for Children
We have no intention of collecting personal information from children under the age of 13. When we become aware that
personal information from a child under 13 has been collected without such child’s parent or guardian’s consent, we
will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Other Web Sites:
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third-party web sites from within the Service. Company is not
responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites.
Communications with Company:
Any communication or material you transmit to us by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions,
comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary. Except to the
including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and/or
ranking. Furthermore, you expressly agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques
contained in any communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not
limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
Changes to policy; Opt-Out Process:
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time.
However, if at any time in the future we plan to use Personal Information in a way that differs from this policy, we
will post such changes here and provide you the opportunity to opt-out of such differing uses. Your continued use of
the Service following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
All unsubscribe or opt-out requests should be sent to us at
email@example.com and we will process your
request within a reasonable time after receipt. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from
the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy, such
as a business partner.
Terms and Conditions:
Contact: For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at:
United States of America: Our Service is maintained in the United States of America. By using the Service, you
authorize the export of Personal Information to the USA and its storage and use as specified in this policy.
Welcome to IKEA’s Share Space, a web site and service (the “Service”) which is operated by IKEA (“Company”). By using
when posted on the Service. Your continued use after such notice will constitute acceptance by you of such
Use of the Service. You may use this Service solely for personal and non-commercial purposes only and subject to
which you are subject.
Registration. You may use the Service without registration, but in order to take advantage of some aspects of the
Service, you will need to register for an account. Your account is for your sole, personal use, you may not
authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person
or entity. All registration information about you must be truthful, and you may not use any aliases or other means
to mask your true identity. You are responsible for the security of your password and will be solely liable for any
use or unauthorized use under such password.
Your License to Company. The Service may provide you with an opportunity to share and upload your photos, videos,
text and other information (“Content”). You hereby grant Company a perpetual license to use, redact, republish,
copy, perform and distribute your Content and screen name, including any intellectual property contained therein, in
any medium now known or hereinafter developed without payment or compensation to you and without seeking any further
approval from you. We may further use your name, likeness, publicly accessible biographical data and any other
information in connection with such use of the Content. You acknowledge that our use of your Content may include
licensing such Content to third parties and/or using such Content for advertising purposes. In no event shall we be
required to seek your approval or provide you with any compensation in connection with such uses. You acknowledge
that nothing contained within your Content would require us to seek permission of a third party in order to use the
Acceptable Use Policy. Company expects all of its users to be respectful of other people. If you notice any violation
of this Acceptable Use Policy or other unacceptable behavior by any user, you should report such activity to Company
You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on the Service or transmit to other users and agree that you
will not hold Company responsible or liable for any Content from other users that you access on the Service.
Categories of prohibited Content below are merely examples and are not intended to be exhaustive. Company will make
the sole determination as to whether or not Content is acceptable for the Service. Without limitation, you are that
you will not post or transmit to other users anything that contains Content that:
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or offensive;
- infringes or violates another party's intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other
materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on the Service);
- violates any party’s right of publicity or right of privacy;
- is threatening, harassing or that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any
group or individual;
- promotes or encourages violence;
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
- promotes illegal or unauthorized coping of another person's copyrighted work or links to them or providing
information to circumvent security measures;
- contains “masked” profanity (i.e., F*@&#)
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit
the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any
other form of solicitation.
Company is under no obligation to screen or monitor Content, but may review Content from time to time at its sole
appropriate in its sole discretion. We may include, edit or remove any Content at any time without notice.
You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that
Company is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to
such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate,
offensive, indecent, or objectionable. If you do so object, you should not use the Service.
You may not use spiders, robots, data mining techniques or other automated devices or programs to catalog, download
or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute content available on the Service. Further, you may not use any such
automated means to manipulate the Service or attempt to exceed the limited authorization and access granted to you
applicable law, we may suspend, limit or terminate your account, or all or a portion of your access to the Service,
at any time with or without notice and with or without cause. In addition, we may refer any information on illegal
activities, including your identity, to the proper authorities.
Privacy: The privacy of your personally identifiable information is very important to us. For more information on
Links. This Service may contain links to other web sites not maintained by us. These links may include listings that
can provide you with further information, or links that have been included in materials uploaded to the Service by a
party other than Company. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Service and to read the terms and
conditions and privacy statements of each and every web site that you visit. We are not responsible for the
practices or the content of such other web sites or services. Despite any links that might exist on the Service, we
do not endorse and are not affiliated with such third parties.
Our Proprietary Rights. Company or its licensors are the exclusive owners of all software, graphics, designs and all
copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property or proprietary rights contained on or used in connection with
the Service. Except as set forth herein, you agree not to copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any
materials without the prior written consent of the owner of such materials. All rights not granted under these Terms
of Use are reserved by Company.
No Warranties. THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED "AS
IS" AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE. FURTHER, TO
THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION,
NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS
CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE COMPLETELY SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR
ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF
VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE
UNDER ANY THEORY OF TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, COSTS OF COVER,
EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, EACH OF WHICH IS HEREBY EXCLUDED BY AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES
REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If any part of these warranty disclaimers or limitations of liability is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any
reason or if we are otherwise found to be liable to you in any manner, then our aggregate liability for all claims
under such circumstances for liabilities, shall not exceed the lesser of (i) the amount paid by you for your use of
the Service during the prior twelve (12) months or (ii) ten dollars ($10).
Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Company, its officers, directors, employees, business
partners and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt,
and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) any breach by you of any of these
extent a claim is based upon infringement of a third party right by materials created by Company) or (iv) a
violation by you of applicable law or any agreement or terms with a third party to which you are subject.
EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THE COURTS LOCATED IN NEW YORK COUNTY, NEW YORK FOR ALL MATTERS ARISING IN
Any claims asserted by you in connection with the Service must be asserted in writing to Company within one (1) year
of the date such claim first arose, or such claim is forever waived by you. Each claim shall be adjudicated
individually, and you agree not to combine your claim with the claim of any third party.
Dispute Resolution. Any dispute arising out of this Agreement will be resolved using the American Arbitrations
Association in New York, NY with one arbitrator. You understand and you would otherwise have the right to trial by
jury, but are hereby waiving such rights.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Notice. Materials may be made available via the Service by third parties
not within our control. We are under no obligation to, and do not, scan content used in connection with the Service
for the inclusion of illegal or impermissible content. However, we respect the copyright interests of others. It is
our policy not to permit materials known by us to infringe another party’s copyright to remain on the Service.
If you believe any materials on the Service infringe a copyright, you should provide us with written notice that at a
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right
that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a
single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and
that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to
locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone
number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained
of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the
complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
All DMCA notices should be sent to our designated agent as follows:
Attn: DMCA Notice
It is our policy to terminate relationships regarding content with third parties who repeatedly infringe the
copyrights of others.
reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be ineffective but shall not affect any other
Waiver; Remedies. The failure by us to partially or fully exercise any rights or the waiver of any breach of these
any other right or remedy.
Contact Information. Should you have any questions you may contact us at